Re:

To: jdesanti@inficon.com
Subject: Re:
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:42:21 -0600
jdesanti@inficon.com wrote:

> So Uncle Jack - are the tracks of America getting greedy or are they having
> trouble with their
> costs going up?
>
> The open track events at the Glen are getting expensive. I hear the Glen has
> raised its rates
> significantly - anyone care too comment?

Really hard to tell, but my guess is that it's good old capitalism at work.
Supply and demand and all that stuff. All we have to do is look at the
investments made in tracks, and price that people are willing to pay for
tickets. I don't blame the tracks one bit for making all the money they can --
it sure beats having them go broke like a lot of tracks did in the past.

However, being a budget-limited participant rather than a spectator, I sure hope
the number of events for us doesn't shrink, and since I have decided that I'm
going to race until I physically can't, no matter what the dollar cost, I hope
the entry fees don't screw my kids out of at least a little inheritance. Wonder
what the Road America entry fee will be this year.

Come on, Nasdaq!!!!

--

TR6 -- Spring!
TR4 -- Sprang