The 'true' spirit of vintage racing

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: The 'true' spirit of vintage racing
From: "GINGER CLARK" <gggarnett@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 21:26:24 -0800
I, too, took the University of VARA at Buttonwillow last weekend and had a
terrific time and gained some confidence.

Christopher Kang is right that the weekend was full of friendly and helpful
people but he neglected to mention that he was one of them. I was very
lucky to have him in my group. Once, when I was feeling discouraged and
hadn't yet had the good sense to talk with my instructor about it,
Christopher strolled over to ask what track our group was on. Before I
realized it, I was drawn back into the action and onto the track by his good
cheer and open demeanor.

And at the end of the weekend I was changing to my street wheels to
drive the car home. All those people whose offers to help me I'd rejected
had left. Then I got myself in trouble with a flakey jack and a tiny
lapse of judgement. It was Christopher who stopped on his way out to help me
change my last two tires and pack up so I could leave before the gate was
locked.

I'd say Christopher Kang noticed the overall friendliness and good-will at
the VARA school because it takes one to know one.

So thank you VARA for a user-friendly school and thanks again to CK for
having true vintage racing spirit.

ginger clark
'69 Elan