Elfin Formula Fords in USA

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, <formula-ford@autox.team.net>
Subject: Elfin Formula Fords in USA
From: "Lear" <blear@hunterlink.net.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 23:37:57 +1100
I maintain the Register for the Elfin Owners and Drivers Club
in Australia.
During 1974 four Elfin 620 Formula Fords were exported to
the West Coast and sold through Chuck Jones Racing.
I am endeavouring to contact any current or former owners
of these cars.
In late 1999 one of these cars was advertised in Hemmings
and has subsequently been returned to Australia. This car-
Frame #74433 - had spent the last 15 years in a car museum
in Nashville. It is painted black with yellow and red strips
across the nose. It carries number 66, a Coors sticker. a
SCCA decal and a sign "Brown Distributing Co - serving
South Dakota"
Does anyone have any knowledge of previous owners of
this car - or of the other three?
A photograph of the Elfin 620 appears on page 87 of the
book "Anatomy and Development of Formula Ford race
cars" by Steve Nickless
Regards
Brian Lear
blear@hunterlink.net.au