RE: Speedvision Movie

To: "'JonLowe@aol.com'" <JonLowe@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Speedvision Movie
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:56:20 -0600
Jon Lowe wrote:

> Does anyone know if Speedvision actually showed the movie "The
Challengers"
> (Grand Prix racing with Darrin Mcgavin!) yesterday morning on The Lost
> Drivein?  It was listed in the daily guide as being on, but the monthly
guide
> also showed it as being on Saturday nite, but they had a different movie
on
> then.  If it was on, did anyone record it?  If so, would you mind letting
me
> borrow it to watch?

It was on, and I watched bits and pieces of it, but don't remember the exact
time since I was trying to keep up with the 48-hour marathon of continuous
"Leave it to Beaver" reruns on Nick at Nite . . . :-)

I didn't tape it, and what I saw of it was REALLY terrible - even though
it's got some 60's footage. One "race", for example, is pieced together from
footage taken at least four different tracks. Most of the race clips are
each just a couple of seconds long and many are so blurred and/or quickly
panned that you can't recognize car numbers or drivers. One driver
mysteriously destroyed the same car three times in the same corner in a
single race.

For whatever that's worth,

Jim Hill
Madison WI