Re: Insurance

To: "Roger Sieling" <rogsie@telesistech.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: "Pete Towell" <rtowell@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 22:50:20 -0500
Ditto!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Sieling" <rogsie@telesistech.com>
To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>; <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>;
<356drb@indy.net>; <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2000 10:32 PM

> You guys all need to be talking to Parish Insurance. I know they're not on
the left coast, but they DO understand insuring vintage race cars. They have
insured my Eleven for at least ten years for coverage at stated value, while
the car is anywhere, including race paddock, but not on the track at speed.
They also insure my other Lotus projects and street cars now. Contact them
at 800-274-1804

> Jim Hill wrote:
> > I called Grundy the moment I saw your note. The woman I talked to
insisted that they would not insure a vintage race car. I tried to make it
clear to her that I knew that the car wouldn't be covered while actually
on-track, that I just wanted coverage while on the highway as a licensed
vehicle, while in transit and in the paddock, and while sitting in my
garage. I was told that they insure "show" cars, but they don't insure cars
actually used as race cars.