Re: Whitton Chev Sports Racer ???

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Whitton Chev Sports Racer ???
From: EeeMCee@cs.com
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 02:59:13 EST
In a message dated 02/01/2000 11:57:14 PM Pacific Standard Time, EeeMCee
writes:

<<  Try Oliver Clubine at Britain West Motorsport (519)756-1610.
  He was in the same race driving a Torus...a Triumph powered Special he built
  here in Ontario.
  He knows or knew most of the Special builders of the time.

 Does anyone know of the Coffield Specials out of Golden Colorado? Built by
Paul Coffield. I have the Mk-III without any information of its (obviously)
long history. Perhaps Oliver would know, I can call him.
 I'm also interested in anyone that knows of the Gardner Singer Special
 and the M I (mechanix Illustrated) Jaguar that raced around central
California in the fifties. MI had an article Build your sportscar for $300.oo
and later sold plans for several years. There are a number of them throughout
the country, most with early ford mechanicals. This one was made with the
remains of a MK-VII Jaguar.
 Michael  >>