Re: I love the smell...

To: Robin Hawley <MOWOG@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: I love the smell...
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:37:13 -0800
Myles did mention freshly drained gear oil. Smells like a sewer to me.
My wife keeps saying the next house has to have a shower in the garage
so I can be "hosed down" before rejoining the human race (go inside the
house). The synthetic gear lubes don't smell quite as bad.

There's also a unique smell that freshly removed oil and grease seals
have.

Here's another: the smell of a Weber carb opened up for a rebuild.