Frozen to the floor

To: Jeff_Warner@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com
Subject: Frozen to the floor
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 18:04:38 EST
I seldom laugh in the face of the unblinking monitor screen, but this merited
something quite out loud. Text below.....

The first car I did was on a gravel driveway. A bugeye Sprite.  Subsequently,
I did a few more in a single car garage, but with no heat.

Last year, with retirement on the horizon, I built a facility behind my
house. Heat , air conditioning, cable TV, phone,  and more.  No danger of
freezing any part of my body to the floor, anymore.

Joe ... from the Frozen Tundra

"During highschool I lived in the last town in Idaho just before Canada,
Bonners Ferry.

It was a SUB ZERO night and wearing a full head to foot snow mobile suit I
shoveled snow out to get to the unheated barn to work on the 1938 Ford car
project I had.

After several trips back and forth from the warm house to the barn I laid
down on the -10 degree concrete floor, slide under the car, and to worked on
the U-joint nuts  for about 20 minutes.

I then tried to slide out and found my suit was frozen solid to the floor and
the bottom of the car.

Luckily I too didn't show up at the house as expected and my Dad came looking
for me.  He was able to help me side out of the suit which stayed frozen to
the floor until I brought a space heater out the next morning."