Re: Air Tools & Compressor Questions

To: MHKitchen@aol.com, JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us,
Subject: Re: Air Tools & Compressor Questions
From: DSRGR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 07:38:13 EST
In a message dated 12/29/1999 5:37:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
MHKitchen@aol.com writes:

<<
 I agree an impact is MOST useful...however, I have both an air one and an
 electric Makita one...I find the ELECTRIC is far more useful than the air
 one.  It seems to develop better torque, is much easier to hook up and use
 quickly.  I even take it to the track and use it with a 600W inverter hooked
 to the tow vehicle battery.

I also have an electric that I take to the track... Craftsman... got it back
in the 60s before I had air... I just plug that one in at the track to the
motorhome gen. A friend of mine has a portable Makita DC battery powered
impact and that seems to work well. Not as powerful  as the AC powered one of
course but I torque the wheels anyway... Just my two cents.... Gene