Lotus 61E/Halon

To: Jeremy Braithwaite <atroz@compuserve.com>
Subject: Lotus 61E/Halon
From: David Lee Mericle <ok3wire@ixpres.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 21:10:47 -0800
Hello Jeremy,

A 61E is a 61 that a person of above average stature can actually get into.  A
61M has lower bodywork at the drivers shoulders.  I have seen both and the front
is the same.  The body work on the 61M that I know of was cut out for the
drivers shoulders.  A jockey or current F1 driver would have fit with room to
spare.  Rear bodywork on the 61M is the same wedge with rear louvers as the
61E.  What is an "X"?  My documentation shows only an M version.

I plumbed my own fire system so the nozzles are definitely pointed the right
way.  Guaranteed.  The "on" switch activates the system while you eject.  Can't
even turn it off.

Halon is not like hair spray.  I rarely use either one and, so far, never the
halon.  Are you kidding - the "hole in the ozone layer" is a giant farce.  You
are kidding, okay, you got me.  I take this stuff too seriously.

If Australia is now civilized another bubble is burst.  I thought you would be
the last to go.

Cheers,

Dave Mericle
Leucadia, CA  USA  BEACH-N-RIDES
the only beach town in southern California without a fast food restaurant, only
fast Mexican