Re: internal engine coatings

To: Dr G W Owen <ensgwo@bath.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: internal engine coatings
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:00:43 -0800
I had a problematic distributor drive gear Moly coated last winter. I
checked it mid-season, and it showed no wear. I've yet to check it
this winter. The problem was wear on the drive gear because it's
driven off the cam 1:1, and the oil pump it also drives is pumping
double volume. I used Performance Coatings in Washington State. They
also did my headers quite nicely.