Lotus Elan Specs?

To: "lotuselan@onelist.com" <lotuselan@onelist.com>,
Subject: Lotus Elan Specs?
From: Phillip Babcock <phillipbabcock@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 20:27:28 -0400
Dear Fellow Lotus Friends

Iam currently running my Type 45 Elan in Vintage Racing and would like
to know what the consensus is regarding setup specs.

I am running 300lb front springs 200lb rear springs, have adjustable
lower front wishbones (upper are factory), rear adjustable wishbones.
Larger front sway bar, small rear sway bar.
3/32" front toe in, 1/16" rear toe in, a little less then 1 degree front
neg camber, 1.5 degree neg. rear camber.  Don't have the ride height
figures here at home, used to run the car pretty low but was told that
the front wishbones should be parallel with the bottom frame. I don't
know about before, but my buddy following me says that now Iam lifting
the inside tire in tight turns. Using Armstong adj shocks front and adj
Koni inserts rear. Cross weight left rear to right front is 49.8 %.
Standard brakes, with Hawk Blue front, Panther Rear. No locked or ltd
slip rear. (any ideas for different set ups??)

The spec that I have seen on the 26R states a front track of 47" & rear
track of 48" but that differs from what the manual says on the 45. Car
can be seen on front page of web site noted below.

Would love to hear what others have to say....

Thanks in advance

Phil
--
Phil Babcock