Tigers and untamed roads

To: Steve Schaeffer <borrani@att.net>
Subject: Tigers and untamed roads
From: David Laver <dlaver@ms.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 09:22:41 +0100
> Driving the course was just wonderful, imagine finding the twistiest
> switchback road you could find and having your way with it.  Most of the
> approx. 27 corners were quite blind, which limited speeds considerably.
> Nobody had 'home course' advantage on this track, so it really was a test of
> driver skill and how comfortable you felt with your car at the limit
> (Sunbeam Tigers need not apply! :)  )  I got into 3rd gear a few times, but
> mostly a 2nd gear track that really rewarded a locked rear end.  I was able
> to dirt track it around several corners, all in view of the folks up above.
> It was 2:27 of pure adrenaline rush, nothing like it.  Got to watch those
> cold tires and brakes the first few corners.

An odd comment about the Tigers.  Each year on the Isle of Man there are a
number of closed road events.  Again many of the corners drop so far you'd need
air-sea rescue choppers not a marshall to find and recover a stray.  Each year a
number of Tigers are there.  In fact they really make the event their own...

> I'll try to post a few photos on my website soon.

I look forward to it !!

The address of the Manx Classix is
http://www.motorsport.co.im/classic/index.shtml   I competed last year in the
Aurelia  (they might still have a picture on the web site) but on midsummers day
I became a father so motorsport this year has been low key and local.  Next
year...

David Laver
'53 Lancia Aurelia GT
'65 MG Midget