Re: flags are easy

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: flags are easy
From: FHammett@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:15:54 EDT
In a message dated 09/16/1999 1:14:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
S800Racer@aol.com writes:

> Most responses seem to be
>  along the lines of "Of course you always SLOW WAY DOWN whenever you see a
>  yellow, I always do".  I sure haven't seen most people SLOW WAY DOWN when
>  have been on the track.  Yes, I am guilty of going through yellows more
>  quickly than I should have, but I don't recall having to jump on the
brakes
>  because everyone else was SLOWING WAY DOWN.  I have been in enduros where
> the
>  cars in front of me viewed the full course yellow as an opportunity to
catch

>  up to the rest of the field and I don't think this is an uncommon
occurrence.

Right on Doug, and this is one of the differences between a black (or Red)
flag and the yellows.  With a black or red flag there is no advantage in
trying to catch up with the front of the pack, or trying to beat it in front
of the pace car before he comes on the track. With a Black or Red flag , the
race is over and will be restarted after everyone is pitted.  If a black or
red flag is to be given, the sooner the better.

frank