Re: Historics comment & request

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Historics comment & request
From: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 10:20:27 EDT
Stirling's move may have been very ill-advised, but most of his vintage
racing is done in Europe, where, as one American open-wheel veteran put it,
"no one says anything if someone takes a whole corner off someone else's
car."  He may have been in his "European mindset" when he attempted the pass.
 This is not to excuse what he did, but it may help us understand why one of
the acknowledged masters of the trade could get into such a situation.

Which leads to the request.  I did not see the tape of the incident because
my cable company decided to do maintenance on my line this weekend.  Does
anyone have a tape of the Saturday and Sunday live broadcasts of the Monterey
Historics they would sell, loan or copy for me?

Thanks,
David Whiteside