RE: Collect Insurance Advise

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Collect Insurance Advise
From: Mactds@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:02:56 EDT
Thanks David for your input - its all too important that we understand the
language.

For the Canadians on this list, we have been usuing Tony Lant for our
policies and these are the same products Parish & Heacock are offering here
in the States. In fact, he is continuing to write our policies even though we
reside in OH. (Taking advantage of favorable exchange rates!)

Our policies are quite specific about when coverage begins & ends. Basically,
once our cars are under their own power coverage ceases. As far as theft is
concerned, the vehicles must be kept in a secured garage or trailer. Under
the canopy overnight is not covered for theft.

Last year I posted something on this topic as a friend lost his entire rig
from the parking lot of a hotel the night before a race weekend. He is in
litigation with the insurance company because they're only covering the
truck & trailer not the contents. I checked with our insurer and found out
that we were not covered for contents either. FYI a rider for contents is
inexpensive....

Maura