Re: Northwest Historics Update

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Northwest Historics Update
From: Malcolm Cox <malcox@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 23:04:36 -0700

> BTW, we tried a set of Kuhmo tires for the first time this weekend and found
> them quite nice

I understand they are quite similar to Yoko 008's
We've been using the Yokes for some time on MGA.
We noticed  a tendency to prematurely wear out the outside shoulders at the edge
of the steel belt (when used at the back).
In a pinch, to stretch them for a weekend, we flipped the Yokes, inside out.
Next
session was a bit squirelly, while the sharp shoulder wore off.
That was the year before last!, at least 20 race weekends/persons ago.
I am amazed to see them still going strong, with a VERY flat wear pattern.
Im wondering if this trick makes them work better on solid axle cars, whereas
they
were designed for Porsche 911 I understand.
Malcolm