Alfa Romeo's

To: vintage race net <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alfa Romeo's
From: Craig Wright <craig@p-d-g.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:27:06 -0800
I'm sure this question will bring a variety of responses.

My wife and I have been driving a 427 Cobra replica at open
tracks and having a great time. We would like to get into
vintage racing. I view it as a kind of rolling museum, so my
motive is to have fun, learn, and work on a marque that
interests me. I think that all of my first choices are way
too much of a car to start with (GT350, Corvette, Tiger,
XKE, formula B, ford, or Atlantic).
I found a '63 Alfa Guilia 1600 EP, with spares, and in good
shape. It would take some work to take it back to vintage. I
used to own a Duetto and completely restored it several
years ago, so I have some understanding of Alfa's and
appreciate their engines. Asking price of $7500. Does this
sound like a reasonable first car and price?

Thanks for any advice,

Craig Wright
--

Craig Wright                    Product Design Group, Inc.
craig@p-d-g.com                 4635 Viewridge Ave.