Relay question for VARAC

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Relay question for VARAC
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 15:13:01 -0600
A question came up on the Alfa Digest regarding Alfa GTV eligibility.
A fellow in Canada is looking at a couple of cars as candidates for
VARAC racing. One car is a '70 GT Junior, which easily qualifies for
the '72 cut-off date, but it has a 1750 motor. The other choice is a
'75 GTV 2000, which he thinks can be grandfathered as being identical
to a '72 GTV 2000.

The question is whether or not VARAC frowns on the engine swap in the
GT 1300 Junior, which was cosmetically different from the 1750 and 2000
models. I opined that the '75 GTV 2000 might be an easier deal because
it really is the same car as the '72 version, at least in Canada.

Please Cc: "C. Peter Audet" <paudet@execulink.com> on any advice.