tech question in a list mail lull

To: "'vintage race list'" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tech question in a list mail lull
From: Gavin Ivory <G_Ivory@beutel-can.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 15:28:02 -0500
I find my stock steering rack [from the TR6] on my TVR Taimar 5000 too slow,
especially for autocrossing where the 3.4 turns make me look and feel like
an arm flailing maniac, you know the scene: wipers, turn signals, etc all
going on and off. I'm told that the Spitfire rack is 2.7 turns and is a
straight swap. Questions are:
> Can someone confirm that the tube is the same diameter {so I can keep my
brand new TR6 solid rack mounts], and is the steering shaft the same?
> Is the Spit rack durable? [at a distance, it doesn't look as beefy].
Thanks
Gavin
Toronto