images of racing at Westwood (near Vancouver, B.C.)

To: Vintage Race List <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: images of racing at Westwood (near Vancouver, B.C.)
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 22:38:18 -0500
Here's a message I got that some of you may be interested in providing
information or procuring some of the videos.
Jim

       From:
            mgee <Michael_Gee@bc.sympatico.ca>

  I have been busy over the last few
years collecting
images of racing at Westwood (near Vancouver, B.C.) from fans and
drivers.  There
are many slides and moving film of racing during the 60s and 70s.  Some
of the images
are of Alfa's in there battling with all the rest.  Do you know of any
Alfa driver who raced
atWestwood or owners of cars once raced there?  I'm eager in collecting
as much info
as possible about the track and the drivers.  So far I have put the
collection onto five
videos.  I'm attaching a description.
I wish that I could give you a link for others to view some action
shots, but that's in the
future, budget allowing.
Good luck to you in 1999.
Cheers,
Mike
former o/d Cooper-Climax and TR Spitfire

                    W  E  S  T  W  O  O  D

                                        Video History 1960's to 1980's

Video Number One:

Rare film. Hall's Mustang, Craig's Camaro. Cheetah, Brabham, street and
competition GT-40.
McLaren (Chuck Parsons). Cooper-Climax/Lola Climax duel. John Hall and
John Randall
motorcycling. Club races. Parade of Triumph products. Miss Westwood.
Ridenour's Genie.
Florence's Cobra and more.

Video Number Two:

Rare film of Pro Races. Wade Carter's Porsche 904 undressing in the
Carousel. Parsons'
McLaren, Burnett Specials. Canadian Chinook. Cobra. Tiger. Formula Vee.
Corvettes. Sterne's
No. 4 Morgan. Eppie Wietzes' Ford GT-40. Parade of Mustangs and more.

Video Number Three:

Early years. More rare film and slides. Pete Lovely's Cooper-Ferrari.
Burnett's Ferrari TR61.
Porsche RSK Spyder. Starr Calvert's D-Jag. Devin. Bob McLean's No. 101
Lotus 23B,
Formula Junior, and Aston-Martin. Early motorcycles races and a glimpse
of Go Karts and more.

Video Number Four:

Brian McLoughlin's formula venture from early seventies to early
eighties. His start in Formula
Vee,  moving up to Formula B and Ford, and then his debut in Formula
Atlantic are featured.

Video Number Five:

A video of the 1970's showing Honda Civic races, Vintage races,
Trans-Am, and
Formula Atlantic into the 80's and more.   Combination of film and
slides.

For more information on these videos please contact:
                               OLK Productions
                               111-10160 Ryan Road
                           Richmond, B.C. Canada V7A 4P9
                         E-mail Michael_Gee@bc.sympatico.ca