Re: The Perfect Vintage Race Car, without door handles

To: Malcolm Cox <malcox@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: The Perfect Vintage Race Car, without door handles
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 08:00:25 -0500
It has door handles only to satisfy the race rules that governed the various
sportscar racing groups.  It also had, as options, spare tire and luggage
space!  But like all real racecars, you get in by stepping over the side and
sitting down!

As an aside, when my Merlyn was first delivered, a charming and quite nasty
letter went back to Selwyn at CRD to the effect that:  The box that the car
was shipped in sucked, there was no spare tire, there was no windshield
wiper, please send same immediately!  They were needed to run Appendix C
Sportscar, or some such thing!  Quite a laugh, and when I took a copy over
to CRD a few years ago they quite enjoyed getting the letter again.