Re: Racing flags

To: JKings9373@aol.com
Subject: Re: Racing flags
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 09:56:36 -0500
At 01:12 AM 11/27/98 -0500, you wrote:

>In a message dated 11/26/98 5:15:47 AM, brian@uunet.ca writes:
>
><<So all those who said otherwise, possibly your local race
>organization uses non-FIA standard flags for signallying during races>>
>
>The FIA also allows wine to be drank in the pits!!

My first reaction was "and your point is?"  My second reaction was "this is
somehow bad?".  But in the strict interests of sobriety in all racing
endeavors, including talking about racing, I'll confess that I didn't know
that.  We don't even allow beer in the pits, let alone the paddock, and
we're all hosers, eh?

I was reading in my Formula Ford book the other day, and one car was built
with a depression molded in for a beer bottle holder!

Cheers, Brian
Brian Evans
Director, Carrier Sales
UUNET, an MCI WorldCom Company