RE: Flags from a flagger

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Flags from a flagger
From: Mactds@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:11:05 EST
Now, now gang... let's be gentle...

When I read the original posting of this thread I assumed (yes, I know what
happens when we do that!) that just maybe our friend was from Europe/Canada.
You see, here in the good-o-USA we are the only one who uses a "blue flag with
the stripe" (yellow or orange). FIA denotes the flag as being solid blue.

Now from the flaggers point of this flag.... If you see this flag being held
steady - just check your mirrors a faster car is approaching. If the flag is
rocking or waving - check your ass the pass is happening - aka - don't be
stupid. And if you're playing by F1 rules and the flag is waved at you - you
better yield the line or you'll face a very heavy($$) fine.

As far as the rest of the flags go - yes, you do need to have an understanding
of what they mean and how they are used. If you're too shy to ask your local
Chief Steward - hit the flag meeting and ask anyone standing around in white.
Our meetings are usually an hour to 1/2 hour before the first track session.
P.S. we always welcome warm bodies who wish to share their time on station
with us. - e.g.: you're always welcome to come out and spend a session or two
on corner with us to learn; just ask the stewards for permission.

Maura
SCCA Flagger (for too many years to count)