Monoposto Results - HSR Savannah

To: "'Vintage Race List'" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Monoposto Results - HSR Savannah
From: "Rockney, Vaughn (GEIS)" <Vaughn.Rockney@geis.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:45:32 -0500
Listers,
  I just got back from the HSR race at Savannah, which was the last race in
1998 for the Monoposto Racing series, the premier open wheel series in North
America for vintage formula cars.  Unofficial results indicate that F1 (MR
Classes B and B/F2) and first overall winner was Phil Harris in a Brabham
BT23C, F3 (MR Class J) and second overall was Bob Goeldner,  F4 (MR Class F)
winner was Kevin Smith in a Titan MK6, and F5 (MR Class V) winner was Mike
Jackson in the Shadowfax.

  Therefore, according to my unofficial records for the series, I believe
that:

Series overall winners were:

Grand Champion - Mike Jackson 119 points out of 120 possible
Second overall  - Rich Ernst and Juan Gonzales tied with 109 points each

  Series class winners were:

Class B - Joe Blacker  64 points out of 75 possible - Joe won class at Road
Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, and Watkins Glen.

Class B/F2 - Phil Harris 75 points out of 75 possible - Phil won class at
Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glen, IRP, and Savannah

Class F - Juan Gonzales 74 points out of 75 possible - Juan won class at
Homestead, Watkins Glen (twice), and IRP

Class J - Marv Primack 71 points out of 75 possible - Marv won class at
Mid-Ohio and Grattan

Class V - Mike Jackson 75 points out of 75 possible - Mike won class at
Homestead, Sebring, Road Altanta, Mosport, Mid Ohio, Watkins Glen, and
Savannah.

  All Hail!  Mike Jackson, Grand Champion, and class winners Joe Blacker,
Phil Harris, Juan Gonzales, and Marv Primack!

Vaughn
P.S. Mike's email address is CC'ed on this, if you'd like to send him a
personal note off-list.