RE: Porsche tractor

To: "'Vintage Race List'" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Porsche tractor
From: "Rockney, Vaughn (GEIS)" <Vaughn.Rockney@geis.ge.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:07:34 -0400
One of my desirables that I was unable to buy was a fairly modern c. 1975?
Leyland Tractor with full accessories that I saw at the mini-Sears store
near Lake Anna in Virginia.  It was totally original and unrestored and
clean, and I remember it as having a 1622 MGA engine it, even though I think
it was made in the 1970s and one would have expected a 1800 MGB motor in it.
Apparently there was a local dealer in Louisa or nearby who sold them new.
Would have made a nice addition to the fleet to pull cars out of the bog.
Much better than a Porsche..  Since this isn't a vintage race topic, please
reply directly if you know more about Leyland Tractors and where to buy
one..

Vaughn