Why I was not in Monterey

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Why I was not in Monterey
From: unitedps@mozcom.com (Marc Ablaza)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:33:28 -0800
Being a Porschephile, I would have wanted to go to Monterey this year.
This year would have been my very first year to attend the event.  In fact
I have already made reservations but was forced to cancel everything
because of the following reasons:

1.      Recent currency crisis affecting the Asian region. You see the the
exchange rate of the dollar to our Philippine peso has been $1=P43.00 the
past few weeks.  To travel at this time would have been too expensive for
me and my family.

2.      Fire    -  Our house caught fire and we have been very busy trying
to get organized in our new house.  Another expense.

3.      Cars    -  During the fire my 1997 Mini Cooper got its gutter trim
burned and some parts of the  paint job got messed up so I'm trying to put
it back into shape.  Also my everyday car, Honda Civic, got its paint all
messed up and all its plastic trim (spoiler, glass trim) melted.

So for me its sad to hear all the comments being said about Monterey.  I
would have been there if not for all these things which happened to my
country and my family.

Just the same I hope that all those who went enjoyed their trip and for
those who failed to go, well maybe we can see each other next year.

Marc
Manila, Philippines

Upcoming Vintage Races

September 5-6, 1998