RE: The SCCA Family loses another

To: "Rockney, Vaughn (GEIS)" <Vaughn.Rockney@geis.ge.com>,
Subject: RE: The SCCA Family loses another
From: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 18:20:32 -0400
Vaughn

How sad to hear that Vern passed on.  We met him at Monterey in '95 where=

we had close to a Lotus FF race (there were a couple of ring-in 41's!) an=
where he won an award presented by Clive Chapman. The applause for Vern w=
as
the longest and loudest. At some time he must have helped just about ever=
member of the field.

His newsletter was quite unique and over the years has documented an
incredible amount of detail about the cars. He had amazingly tracked down=

just about every Lotus Formula Ford in North America and a few in other
parts of the world including Australia.  =

He will certainly be missed.

regards

Jeremy Braithwaite
Age & Treachery Racing Australia