Re: buy and race weird

To: mra@sympatico.ca, owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: buy and race weird
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 13:15:44 EDT
        Team Escargot fully supports the motto:  "Buy and race weird"  Along
with our
Honda powered vintage racers (1967 S800 and 1969 D sports racer), the most
recent restoration project is the 1972 Honda Z600 Coupe of Team leader, Paul
Meis.  With both air-cooled cylinders buzzing away, it is the 'Bad Ride" in
microcars.  While the purists may not approve, I think the hood scoop added to
clear the flat-slide carb looks pretty cool.

        P.S. Among others, we also support the mottos:
        - Rub shoulders, not fenders
        - I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
        - My two favorite brands of beer are Free and Cold.

        Cheers,
        Doug Meis (although I may race a weird car, I do try not to 'race
weird')