Re: Books for Racing Drivers

To: "Jim Hayes" <hayes@mediaone.net>,
Subject: Re: Books for Racing Drivers
From: "Steve Hammatt" <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 13:10:49 -0700
Jim
After many years of not buying "lotsa books", recently
I've been buying many of them at eBay auction site
Http://www.eBay.com

I have recently added
Offenhauser/White,Gordon (in-print)
Miller/Borgeson, Griffith
Golden Age of the American Racing Car/Borgeson, Griffith
(extra copy for sale if anyone is interested $40)
Illustrated History of Sprint Cars/Fox, Jack
Illustrated History of Indianapolis 500/Fox, Jack
Board Tracks, Gut, Gold & Glory/Walloon, Dick

I also have 19 years of Automobile Quarterly
Vol 1 through Vol 19 (extra) for sale.  Looking for
AQ Vol 29 to current.  Also looking for a book by
Mark Dees called The Miller Dynasty.

Also looking for any mention of the HAL engined
sprint cars from the 30s and 40s.  I recently purchased
a dirt "Big Car" fitted with a HAL engine (not just a HAL
head on a B block, but has HAL block with 5 mains.
Need to find all HAL related information.  This car
was known in the mid-west as the Johnson #8 HAL.

Enjoy!
Steve

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA