Mosport Special

To: vintage race <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mosport Special
From: Mike & Jaye Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 09:47:24 -0400
Attention anyone coming to Mosport for the VARAC Vintage Racing
Festival.
How's this for added benefits?

FESTIVAL MOVES FOCUS TO LINDSAY
VARAC racers will have received their entry packages for the Vintage
Festival by now and many have commented on our major change for this
year.  The focus of non-racing events has moved from Oshawa to Lindsay,
just north of Mosport.
By doing this we’ve accomplished a couple of major things we’ve been
trying to do for years.
GREAT ROOM RATES
The Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts in Lindsay have offered us fabulous
rates for this year - To all our US friends, remember, take 30%+ off all
the prices in the entry package to convert from US Dollars. You can
actually stay within walking distance of the Friday night repection!
FRIDAY NIGHT RECEPTION AT THE OLYMPIA IN LINDSAY
Instead of the Holiday Inn as in past years, our Friday night party for
racers will be in downtown Lindsay at the Olympia - a restaurant that
opens onto Lindsay’s main street.
We will have our usual hot and cold snacks and  an open bar for a few
hours. After nine, it’s cash. As well you can buy a great Mediterranean
dinner at the Olympia during the reception (as well as great burgers
etc.) And, there will be speakers and other special events.
VICTORIA BRITISH CAR CLUB RALLY-TOUR
Combined with the Festival, there’s now an event on Friday afternoon
that will appeal to the non-racers, racer’s families and out-of-town
guests; a Rally-Tour of Victoria County through the beautiful Kawartha
Lakes district (while searching for clues to a list of questions
relating to the route).
This tour will begin and end in Lindsay followed by a BBQ and a parade
of cars on Lindsay’s main street to the Olympia where we’re holding our
reception. As an added bonus, racers can partake of the BBQ for $15.00.
(Please let the organisers know so there’s enough food)
Details: Friday, May 29, 1998. Start and finish in Memorial Park, Hwy.
35 in Lindsay. Registration - noon to 1:30, start at 2:00. This is
leisurely two hour event on good roads. BBQ and awards at 5:00 in the
Park followed by parade to the Olympia Restaurant and display area at
6:30.
REGISTER EARLY! Entry fee $40.00 per car which includes two dinners.
Additional dinners $15.00. Registration and Info: Al and Tracy Dyson
(705)324-9702, fax:(705)878-4166

Anyone else want entry packages?
Mike