Re: elva courier

To: Dan Klenke <dklenke@pmc.philips.com>
Subject: Re: elva courier
From: Tom M <tmatycho@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:35:42 -0800

Dan Klenke wrote:

> A non-lister friend is forced by his job to move away from
> Northern California and (gulp) sell his race car.  On his
> behalf, here are the specs:

>         1959 Elva Courier Mark I
>
> <details snipped>
>
> The car and trailer can be seen at the CSRG Sears Point event
> on May 27,28,and 29 in the company of me (Elden FF #72) and Marnix
> (Alfa TZ #7).

I believe the Elva to which you refer is No. 159 owned by Bob Dye.  There
are several pictures of the car in an article on Elva Couriers in the
current issue of _British Car_ (April-May, 1998).  One of the pictures is
on the grid at a CSRG race at Sears Point, and shows not only Bob in his
Elva, but also Don Queen in his impeccable Alfa, and the open door of the
Lotus Cortina of the estimable Myles Kitchen.

Tom M
Elva Courier #43