Re: Introduction and request for advice.

To: aramm@concentric.net
Subject: Re: Introduction and request for advice.
From: "Edwin Smith" <EHSMITH@us.oracle.com>
Date: 17 Mar 98 17:11:13 -0800
--=_ORCL_7380260_0_0
Content-Transfer-Encoding:quoted-printable

Andy, Andy....Andy my boy.....

It's a noble journey you're thinking of embarking on.....I'd suggest you
visit the NorCal Shelby Club web site at www.norcal-saac.org and consider
bringing your car to Thunderhill in May and taking our annual drivers
school.  There you will get some driving instruction and have an opportunity
to find out if you like this track driving stuff.  You'll also get a chance
to talk to some other vintage car guys and get some input about what it
takes to prep a car for racing.  Your car in stock configuration is far and
away not ready for prime time....some input will give you a sense of cost
and committment necessary to realize your dream.......We don't discriminate
marque-wise at this event..

You might also want to check out CSRGs upcoming March 28-29 event at
Sears......there you'll find other British cars thrashing around the track
under race conditions and have a chance to compare your heap, uh excuse me,
car to others and  talk to other who have BTDT.  They can help you with
advice and direction and they're easy to find in the paddock....just look
for the telltale oil spots...CSRGs phone is 510 736 2823

Good luck

Ted Smith

--=_ORCL_7380260_0_0