Re: For Sale: Devin/TR3/1957 - Devin Q really.

To: ply@adtrading.com (Patrick Young)
Subject: Re: For Sale: Devin/TR3/1957 - Devin Q really.
From: Clark <Clark@dnf.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 20:32:10 -0800
Hi Patrick,

There are others on this list that are probably more qualified to discuss
this with you, but as a Devin owner, I have tried to learn as much as I can
about the marque during the last year or so.

The car you refer to is the Devin SS, of which some say 13 chassis were
completed and some say 15.  Only about 30 remain (everyone with a V-8 Devin
claims its an SS).  Devin bought the chassis from an Ireland firm and
installed the engine and body in South El Monte, California.

For more information, go to Bill Devin's web site at:
http://www.discover.net/~devin/

By the way, what book would you have referred to?

Clark

>Gentlefolk,
>

>There was a TR3 engined Devin advertised recently.
>
>Now, once upon a time the Devin company had cars manufactured in Northern
>Ireland to be exported to the USA.
>
>Does anybody know if any of these NI-built cars still exist - I believe they
>were all Chevvy V8 powered but I may be wrong as I'm about 4,500 miles from
>the book I need to check.
>
>Regards,
>
>Patrick

"Hay Bales and Asphalt"
a video featuring vintage footage
of motor racing from 1957 to 1961.
Images and description at
http://www.dnf.com

My 1953 Devin-Porsche Restoration project
http://www.dnf.com/devin-porsche.html