Re: Race Schools

To: Malcolm Cox <malcox@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: Race Schools
From: Dennis Murphy <dennism@elginsweeper.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 09:38:47 -0600 (CST)
At 10:45 PM 2/9/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I am thinking of doing a 3 day race school.
>Accessible locally are Skip Barber at Laguna Seca and Russell at Sears
>Point.
>Does anyone have any experience(s) to talk about from either (preferably
>both) schools?

I have no experience with Russell, but I took the Skip Barber three day
competition school at Road America 2 1/2 years ago & it was fantastic! It
was a birthday present from my wife and the experience convinced me to go
vintage racing. I can strongly recommend the Barber curriculum. As an aside,
our lead instructor, Barry Wadell co-drove #36 at Daytona this year.
Dennis Murphy
Geneva, IL