Promotion

To: <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Promotion
From: "R. Harrington" <rharring@idirect.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 14:38:00 -0500
        As a writer/photographer for Vintage Motorsport and the "MCI" website
(mciracing.mci.com) and formerly the media director for the F-70 series I
would like to re-inforce Mile's comments re promotion and coverage.  Most
vintage publications have at the most one  writer and one photographer to
cover an event and frequently one person is doing both.  Even at the major
events ( Monterey, Mid-Ohio, Lime Rock etc.) information on individuals and
their cars is almost non-existant.  Example - Chaparral serial # 001 made
its first appearance since being restored at Monterey this year - there was
nothing to make the media, or for that matter, the fans, aware of it.
        Track announcers are desperate for information.  Feed them your material
and they will use it.  Similarly I can't write about your car being the
last one built or the winner of the Thermal of Efficiency at LeMans if I
don't know.  Stop me in the paddock, send me email, call me, I love to
receive material to work with.  As Miles said, we combine whatever material
we can get with the results to write the stories.
Bob Harrington