Re: offending all Formula Vee owners

To: John Robinson <john@jr-and-assoc.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: offending all Formula Vee owners
From: ply@adtrading.com (Patrick Young)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 14:47:18 +0800
John, and fellow Formula Veesters...

>In article <199712301326.VAA08973@filk.iinet.net.au>, Patrick Young
><ply@adtrading.com> writes
>>At the risk of offending all Formula Vee owners, thank goodness for that.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Patrick
>
>I don't know - he insults my home town, then one of my formulae.  A man
>who knows how to win friends !! :-)
>
>Actually, although I continue to own Vees, I am unusual in seeing them
>for what they are (most Vee owners don't).  In fact (at the risk of
>offending all Irish subscribers) they remind me of the old Irish joke in
>which an Irishman is asked for directions to Dublin, to which he replies
>"Ah now if I was going to Dublin I wouldn't be starting from here".

As an Irishman I have no problem with Irish jokes, in fact if only we all
(Formula Vee drivers, -English- northerners, Australians et al could see a
bit more of the funny side in what we do then I suspect this might be a more
pleasant, less litigious world...

On a more serious point John also said:

>It is interesting that other countries have an attitude that running an
>historic version of a contemporary formula would dilute the existing
>series.  I guess Formula Vee regulations in Europe (particularly
>Germany) have developed far enough away from the "historic spec" for
>this not to be seen as a problem.

I find this interesting too. I mean if a series is going to suffer by having
cars circa 15 years old removed from the fray, then one is tempted to wonder
whether the local racing car designers have even discovered that the
interface ought to be between the pointy bit of the pencil and the white
crumply stuff, let alone conceiving of the developments prevalent in every
type of car during the past decade and a half!

Regards,

Patrick