Re: Aussie V-8's in America

To: VINTAGE-RACE@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Aussie V-8's in America
From: ply@adtrading.com (Patrick Young)
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 19:04:41 +0800
>Without any malice of intent, we have all the Loti and Porsches we need here.
>
>What we really would like is some of your apparently unique Australian cars.
>The Group C types, etc.
>
>Just a thought,
>Jack Woehrle

Yes, I can see this point in terms of Porsche and Lotus numbers. Presumably
the promoters were just exploiting the "two heads" rule i.e. if a racer
comes from far enough away, and even if he drives exactly the same car as
the locals, then some folk will turn up to watch just to see he hasn't got
"two heads" or some other form of biological quirkiness evident about his frame!

Now, the concept of Ozzie Group C versus a full field of TransAM Camaros or
suchlike in similar specs rather sounds exciting to me too!

Course, what we would probably need is a good promoter, but that gets us
onto an entirely different thread! :-)

Regards,

Patrick