Re: Ancient documents

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ancient documents
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 08:59:05 -0500
As I've mentioned a few times, I'm currently resurrecting a Merlyn Mk6A
sports racer.  Merlyns are well under-reported in terms of books, etc, so I
was looking high and low to find articles that mention the marque.  While
perusing the "facilities library" of a friend while visiting, I found a 1968
Autosport with the only comprehensive article ever written on Merlyn!  The
same issue had a full page ad for the works distributor, and the classifieds
section had an ad for a Merlyn MK6A, sold by the works distributor, that had
"fully rose-jointed suspension", hence fully justifying the few rose-joints
now introduced into the suspension of my car.  What a find!  Needless to
say, I got the magazine!

Brian