Looking for Automotive Historian

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Looking for Automotive Historian
From: Steve Hammatt <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 06:20:28 -0700
I'm looking for a race car historian in the upper Mid-West region.
Is there a club or association for automotive historians?  Does it
have a web page?  I've done my searching on the net and found nothing
(maybe my searching methods were poor).

I'm buying what may be an old race car (2-man "speedster-type" from
the mid-twenties).  It has a id tag that suggests it may have been
raced long ago.

Any help in locating a club or group would be appreciated.  Please
e-mail direct (plus I'll be leaving to pick up the car on Wed. early
am and won't return for nearly a week)

Steve

Mount Vernon WA