Super Starter Solenoid info??

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Super Starter Solenoid info??
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 12:34:16 -0400 (EDT)
To the List:

I'm using a Tilton super starter for the Lotus twin cam/formular ford type
applications.  I know the starter motor itself and solenoid are from some
Japanese production car application.  Thus far, I've been unable to determine
what it is.  I'd like to buy replacement solenoids at the local auto parts
store, rather than the $50 one that Tilton distributors charge.  Does anyone
know a part number and/or what vehicle application  these are from??  I think
its some sort of Nissan, but I'm not positive on that.  Any info would be
appreciated.

Regards,
Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128