SA 95 Helmets

To: "vintage" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SA 95 Helmets
From: "Ted Rodgers" <Rodgers356@classic.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 97 16:24:35 UT
I learned a couple of things when I bought my SA 95 helmet this year.  First,
the store had to send the first one back, because I needed a larger size than
my previous one.  This may be due to the additional padding, but make sure you
can do that.  Speedware, in Redmond, WA cheerfully did this.

Second, if you wear glasses or want to wear sunglasses, be sure to take them
and put them on while testing the helmet.  I found I needed the larger eyeport
of the Bell M2, and even then my current glasses didn't fit well.  I ended up
getting a new pair of sunglasses with titanium frames and very small diameter
polycarbonate lenses, which work well, but even these are tight.

Because you want to make sure the helmet not only fits, especially with
glasses, balaclavas, etc. but is comfortable, I recommend you buy it from a
place where you can try it on, and return it if the sizing is improper.

Ted Rodgers