Re: SA-95 Helmets

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SA-95 Helmets
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 20:46:28 -0400
> Along with many of you, I have had to upgrade my safety
> equipment to new standard specs.

I did it last year, buying a Bell M2. A word of caution - I returned a
ordered helmet trying to get the right size. The extra padding in these
seems to make sizing different, so I needed a bigger size. Finally
bought one from the shop at Lime Rock, so I could try it on!
The extra padding around the jaw makes fit a bit less comfortable,
glasses are harder to get in right, but the M2 fits glasses better than
my old full face Bell.
Confortable when wearing it, esp. like the air vents over the visor -
they really work!
--
--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA