1969 Phoenix Indy Car Race Winner

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1969 Phoenix Indy Car Race Winner
From: "Earl W. Zwickey" <zwickey@arn.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 22:00:38 -0700
This weekend I met a gentleman who now owns the car George Follmer drove
to a win at the 1969 Phoenix Indy Car Race.  At this race, it was
apparently powered by a small block Chevy with Hilborn injection.  It
may have been run that way in the 1969 Riverside race as well.  The
following year it was powered by a Turbo Ford, and some time in it's
life it also ran a Turbo Offy.  The car is relatively complete and in
excellent unrestored condition, but as purchased was missing the engine
and gearbox.  It last raced some time in the seventies.

He is interested in obtaining pictures of the car in the Chevy
configuration, as this is the configuration to which he is planning to
restore it.  If you can help him out, with pictures, or other pertinent
information about the car, please let me know, and I will put you in
contact with him (he's not on the Internet).

BTW, he believes this to be the only car to win an Indy car race with a
stockblock Chevy.  Can anyone concur and refute this?

Thanks,
Earl Zwickey