Re: oil pan baffeling ??

To: ernst@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: oil pan baffeling ??
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 9:57:51 PDT
You didn't mention what kind of pan you are running.  If all you have is
a stamped steel pan, then it could be pretty simple.  Perhaps all you
need is a sheet metal "fence" around the pickup welded or brazed into
the bottom of the pan.  Make the fence 3-4 inches tall, or as tall as
you can get away with and clear moving parts.  It should be considerably
larger than your pump pickup.  A few holes in the base of the fence will
allow oil to circulate.  Really all you're doing is keeping the oil from
sloshing away for a few seconds.  It still needs to circulate.  I have
something like this.  It works pretty well, but I'm also carrying 7
quarts.