RE: Accommodation for healey owners

To: Healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Accommodation for healey owners
From: oldirish@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 08:35:54 -0500 (CDT)
On 07/08/97 21:19:43 you wrote:

>I am trying to find accommodation in Monterey during the weekend of August
15 to 18 1997 while my wife and I attend the historic racing and Pebble
Beach Concours d elegance. We are looking for bed and breakfast type
accommodation.
>We are members of the AHCC of NZ and own a 100, MG Midget and 420 Jaguar
>among our vehicles.
>We are on a waiting list for any cancelled accommodation through the
central booking office in Monterey but as time gets closer I would like
something more positive. Down here in New Zealand the travel agents know
very little about this area of USA and an
>y booking problems.
>Thanks for your help Russell And Jeni Lane.

Russell,

I am going to send a copy of this to the vintage race group as well, as a
racer in that group might be more familiar with lodging in that area than I
that can also help you out.

I don't know of any bed & breakfast places.  I know they are there, just
have not stayed in them.  We have stayed at either the Doubletree or the
Holiday Inn in Monterey.  This time of year, getting reservations on race
weekend is tough.  However, this is also the time of year many are finding
out if their entry was accepted or not and there may be cancellations
opening rooms up.

If nothing is available, you might try Salinas.  Actually traffic wise it is
probably better than coming from Monetrey to the track.  It is also a short
drive from there to Monterey/Carmel.  Enjoy your trip, wish we could work it
into our schedule this year.

Jerry

Jerry Liudahl, Old Irish Racing Club:
oldirish@ix.netcom.com
Purple Lips Racing Team: '61 AH 3000, '69 Datsun 2000
Lip Service Racing Team: ITCC Series - '97 Jaguar XJR