Re: RV's for race weekends

To: vintage-race
Subject: Re: RV's for race weekends
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 00:07:05 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Jim Hayes
<hayes@mediaone.net>]   Admin request of type /\buns\w*b/i at line 6]

     Date: Sun, 01 Jun 1997 12:26:14 -0400
     From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>

Malcolm Cox wrote:

> I'm looking for some comments, rude or otherwise, from RV'ers.
> I'm seriously thinking of getting a RV (motorhome) for lugging trailer
> (with MGA) to events (my Plymouth Caravan really strains with 3500lb

Only did it once. Tows sloooooooow and unstable, racetracks are always
noisy so it's hard to rest, hot unless you run the AC all the time, uses
gas like crazy, and the biggest problem is I have seen too many racers
spending their time at the track fixing these monsters instead of
enjoying a race weekend. It seems that becasue they sit so much and get
used so little, they have beaucoup problems.
Try a 4.0 Cherokee. Tows 3500# like it ain't there, up to 75 mph
leisurely cruise, 16 mpg, and can be used as a daily driver.
--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm