FW: Re:MGB crank/rod choices

To: vintage-race
Subject: FW: Re:MGB crank/rod choices
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 12:55:08 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net:     Admin request of type
/^\s*which\s+\S+\s*$/i at line 6]

     Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 12:34:52 -0500 (EST)
     From: BATESMCL@aol.com
     Subject: Re:MGB crank/rod choices

I am assembling a MGB motor for fun vintage racing (not a hand grenade motor)
using mostly stock parts for the bottom end, and wonder about the 'good'
parts available.

Which stock crankshaft is the most desirable?
Which rods?
Anyone have any MGB motor speed parts for sale?

I am building the motor to run to 6800-7000 rpm red line ( $ sign line) and
also wonder how fast a stock bottom end that has been balanced will turn
without destroying itself. I know there is a H.P. quotient here, ie. that
H.P. breaks things, but what is a general rule?

Thanks
Bates McLain
64 Gilbern GT 1800