Visit to My Merlyn

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Visit to My Merlyn
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 18:19:52 -0500
I "visited" my Merlyn Mk6 today.  I phoned the chassis and the front corners
at Kieth Willis's race shop, where he is putting the finishing touches on
the roll bar, the suspension bushes and the pedals; I phoned the transaxle
and rear corners at Ollie Clubine's "Britain West" shop - they're fine, and
waiting for Ollie and David to stop working on their Van Diemens and finish
re-building the Hewland Mk5 and assembling the rear uprights.  I'm ashamed
to say I forgot to talk to the Girling calipers, who are expecting their new
cylinders and Hawk carbon brake pads any day now.  This weekend, I'm
visiting the Martin 1865cc engine, which is convalescing at Don Soberings
race shop while we ponder getting the reverse rotation cam reground.

I had to talk to everything/body to convince myself that I do in fact own a
Merlyn Mk6 since I have almost none of it in MY shop!

SOON, I get to start putting it all back together! I can't wait!

Brian Evans
Director, ISP Marketing
UUNET Canada Inc.
20 Bay Street, Suite 1910