Re: sway bars tr3 - a contrarian view

To: brian@uunet.ca, AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com
Subject: Re: sway bars tr3 - a contrarian view
From: JHarkness@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 06:27:08 -0500 (EST)
Brian - I'm one of the TR guys who was running a rear sway bar and
disconnected it as a trial after much discussion with my TR racing buddies.
 I'm running a 4.55 ratio witha Detroit locker.  Also, rear is lowered a
modest amount through use of a longer shackle.   Car is much more stable in
the turns.  Haven't experienced it enough, or I'm not sensitive enough yet,
to determine under vs. oversteer, etc.  Just more stable all around.  I
dropped 5 seconds off at Road America - from 3:02 to 2:57, and I know there
is more.  Coming off turns faster to the point where I'm going 8 to 10 MPH
faster approaching turn 5.

Amazing lesson to me.  Especially after 9 years of racing th e same car.
 STill a lot to learn.   Cheers.                      John Harkness